For 2019 Playing Season
Babe Ruth League, Inc. Approved and Non-Compliant Bats
Having trouble finding a particular USABat model? You may access the USABat Finder tool to request information on where to obtain the bat you would like.
"It is the policy of Babe Ruth League, Inc. to assure the safety of all participants. Accordingly, Babe Ruth League, Inc. reserves the right to ban any equipment, including bats, at any time, including during the season, based upon a change of existing policy and/or upon new information made available to Babe Ruth League, Inc."
Click Here to read about the USABat Standard to be used beginning on January 1, 2018.
Click Here to read about the USABat T-Ball Sticker Program beginning on January 1, 2018.
Click Here for the list of USA Bat Standard approved bats.
2019 USA Baseball Bat Guide
For comprehesive USA Bat information updated for 2019 Click Here
to view the guide online.
Babe Ruth League Bat Rules
|USA Baseball T-Ball Stamp
|USA Baseball Marking
2 5/8" Barrel Maximum
NO BBCOR BATS
|Babe Ruth Baseball 13-15
|USA Baseball Marking or BBCOR .50
2 5/8” Barrel
|Babe Ruth Baseball 16-18
|All Bats Must Be
No Greater Than -3
|Babe Ruth Softball
Marked as "Official Softball Bat"
or "Official Fastpitch Bat"
Note: Solid one piece wood bats are permitted for use in all divisions and must conform to Rule 1.10. No laminated or experimental bats shall be used in a game.
Tampering or altering bats may violate certain federal and state laws and voids the USA Baseball certification, as well as all manufacturer warranties. Rolling is considered tampering and would void the bat’s certification and make it illegal for play.
NON-COMPLIANT BATS FOR - BABE RUTH SOFTBALL:
Contained below is a current listing of non-compliant bats that are not eligible, or approved, for use in any Babe Ruth Softball program or activity.
* Babe Ruth League Softball has been advised that Louisville Slugger is recalling the entire current line of the OneX fastpitch softball bat (all lengths and weights) from the market.
* Easton Ghost (GOLD) is not permitted in any level of Babe Ruth Softball Play.
This does NOT affect the (BLUE) Ghost Blue is permitted.
- If the illegal bat is discovered prior to a batter completing his "at bat" the bat is simply removed from play and the "at bat" continues.
- A player who uses an illegal bat or non-conforming barrel dimension and hits a fair ball will be ruled out. No advancement on the bases will be allowed, and any outs during the play shall stand. This is an appeal play. The "at bat" will be considered legal once a pitch is thrown to the next batter.
- Any bat discovered prior to the game that does not conform to the above rule shall be directed to be removed immediately and not be allowed for use during the game.
If you have any questions on approved or non-compliant bats, do not hesitate to contact Babe Ruth Headquarters.